Sunday, September 28, 2008

life documentation

I might have mentioned that I'm loving the atmosphere, community, and conversations on Twitter. Since I can update status from my phone wherever I'm at, I can make sure that I'm documenting an event while it's in progress.

As an example, here are the tweets just before, during, and after our vacation in June. That was such a precious gift of family time for us. I'm looking forward to documenting it in a scrapbook. These tweets will certainly help me remember the important moments from that trip.

And yes, I hear what you're thinking... "why not just keep a journal and write it down?" That's a good idea, too. And for many trips I have done just that. But on this trip, it was easier to capture the moment in 140 characters or less and upload it to a server for later viewing.

There is a lot less pressure in a 140 letter tweet than 40 lined pages of literary opportunity.


Vacation Tweets:

JT climbed all the way to the top of the stairs tonight when we got home (with me following close behind). I'm not ready for this yet.
Favorite Delete
#grateful for safe travels and wonderful family and friends. Vacation was good... only a little glad to be home.
Favorite Delete
JT speaks loudly into his toy phone, just like grandpa.
Favorite Delete
Tears at departure. All hyped up on Bo Jangles sweet tea for the ride.
Favorite Delete
Pitching pistachios at squirrels in the rain.
Favorite Delete
Last day on beach. JT getting tan. Parents getting sad for vacation to end.
Favorite Delete
We are just gonna stay here. John & I figure we can make friends with new campers every week so we always have lodging.
Favorite Delete
Chasing kitties and making vacation videos.
Favorite Delete
Saw dolphins today. Caught sand fleas. JT petted a sand shark then cried when we turned it loose.
Favorite Delete
Stuffed from another of aunt joan's home cooked meals.
Favorite Delete
JT & I swam with stingrays and jellyfish today. It was freaky, but cool.
Favorite Delete
Heading to the beach
Favorite Delete
Introduced JT to gators tonight. He doesn't think they are as cuddly as bunnies.
Favorite Delete
JT loves the ocean! Squeals with delight. Tried to drink saltwater from the bucket.
Favorite Delete
JT napping. Gators sunbathing in marsh. Squirrels scavenging deserted campsites.
Favorite Delete
@pwhyte already been to piggly wiggly
Favorite Delete
Arrived South Carolina 0530.
Favorite Delete
Rolling in our rented Chrysler 300, JT sleeping.
Favorite Delete
Household chores are getting done one at a time.
Favorite Delete
#grateful for vacation. Next week's tweets from the beach!


Brookgreen Gardens 08

No comments: