Thursday, August 07, 2008

busy life


beauty thriving amidst chaos, originally uploaded by brungrrl.

Several people have said to me lately, "I don't know how you have time for it all."

"All what?" I ask.

I keep the blog positive, because that's the kind of stuff I like to read. (Not that I am opposed to the negative stuff... just have to find the bright side to things, you know?) And of course, I also like pretty pictures, as opposed to the ugly ones. (Are there really any ugly photos?)

So here is a snap of the reality of my life. A lovely bouquet of lilies purchased at the market on a beautiful Saturday morning out with friends the day before JT's birthday party... losing petals two weeks later amidst the mess of JT's breakfast... a puzzle in the background for entertainment, a bib, highchair tray, plenty of crumbs (more under the table), and likely a pile of the week's mail just out of sight.

There is plenty NOT getting done in my life. I am saying no to lots of things. I have to. JT is awake only a few hours of each day that I am not at work. I set my priorities and spend my time accordingly. Time with him comes first, always. And somewhere in between husband, family, work, dishes, laundry, and errands is photography, scrapping, and blogging. Because one day I will have plenty of time to sit and reflect on these days and I would like to have some words and pictures on which to reflect.

1 comment:

Mardi said...

I have somethign on my blog for you:
http://mardi-sistas.blogspot.com/

Martha