Sunday, August 03, 2008

balance and sore bottoms

JT has had the most annoying virus since Thursday. Yesterday was bad and today was worse. Runny nose, diarrhea, and a diaper rash I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy. We must have changed poo diapers 12 times today. He pooped TWICE today as I was trying to put him down for a nap. Can you imagine... he was almost asleep and it hit him.

To make it worse, it takes two of us to change him. One to hold him down and one to do the diapering. He starts crying before we even get to the changing table in anticipation of the pain. I can't even begin to tell you how this is wrenching my heart out. I think I cried half the day at least.

Aside from that, I have been trying to find more balance in my life. Especially on the weekends. I want to get to the end of the weekend and feel like I got a lot done, had fun, and spent time engaged in the relationships I enjoy.

This weekend was heavy on the JT/Mama/Dada relationship. John and I have had to work together taking care of JT's bottom and figuring out what to feed him that won't make things worse. JT has been more clingy and cranky than usual, too. But we did find lots of time to play and had a little fun in between poops.

JT playing


JT playing

We met up with Becka, Jari, and Jessica for ice cream on Saturday after the pediatrician's office let us know that fattening foods would be good for his stomach. We like them a lot and they are not afraid of a little poo.

I also found some time to clean my car (it is SUCH a snappy-lookin' clunker now!). And I did a bit more towards completing the decorating of my house that I mentioned before. This was a seriously small bit of decorating in JT's room... I'll save photos for when it's finished. And lastly, I did some digital scrappin'. As evidenced here:

life is good

soak up the sun and fun

No comments: