Sunday, July 20, 2008

check it off the list


I achieved my one goal of the weekend... decorate at least one wall in the house. I've been lamenting that my house is in a terrible state of half-decorated. I just lost steam at some point. I pretty much have enough stuff that I could go to town with it... just never get motivated enough.

So on Saturday, I printed 8x10s of a couple of old and new vacation pics. I printed a volcano from Costa Rica, the beach path at Atalya, and a field at Dolly Sods in West Virginia. I framed them in a frame that my dad made for me years ago that held some pictures that I'd grown tired of. When I tire of these or take something really cool, I can replace again.

I hung the pictures over our bed. (I could really use a headboard... another weekend.) I placed two wall lights from Ikea on each side of the frame. I picked these up when we were in Cincinnati in June... they were just sitting around our room as clutter.

I also hung up a wall pocket I've had for 2 years, but didn't know what to do with it. I hung it up by another piece of framed art and stuck the dried pussy willow branches in it. Not sure how well it's working here, but I am able to live with it.

Next weekend I will move on to another wall. Maybe by the end of the summer I will really have a nicely decorated house!

No comments: