Sunday, June 25, 2006

yellow in the garden


yellow in the garden
Originally uploaded by brungrrl.
I got a new book for digital scrappin' inspiration: Digital Designs for Scrapbooking by Renee Pearson. The book is the nuts and bolts of making digital pages. The designs are simple... an excellent starting point for anyone.

This page is a "scraplift" of one of Renee's designs in that book. I think I have a few more tweaks to it... but mostly I like how it turned out. Sometimes I get a little crazy with the papers and textures... but for this one I intentionally kept the color scheme simple and the backgrounds muted so the photos would stand out. (And believe me, I had to change it a few times in talking myself out of the busy backgrounds.)

The journaling isn't the best. What can I say? I have a one-track mind. Either I'm thinking design and color or I'm thinking in words... I can't do both at the same time.

Ah well, it's a start.

The only purchased element here is the yellow print on the top. It's from ACOT.

No comments: