Wednesday, January 10, 2007

word of the year

Ali Edwards' recent scrapbooking newsletter suggests coming up with a single word that describes what you want for yourself in the coming year. My word for 2007 is

CREATE.

Considering that I'm bringing a new life into the world, I figured that is a good word with not too much stress attached to it. This year we are just planning for baby and letting each day be a learning experience that shapes our lives... rather than trying to force our life into any plan we might have in our heads.

I made some simple (and achievable) new years resolutions. Here are the resolutions (oh no, now I'm committed...eeek!):
  • Gain no more than 30 lbs before giving birth.
  • Lose that 30 lbs by December.
  • Read more books.
  • Put photos in photo albums (takes pressure off scrapping EVERY photo)
Pretty lame, eh? The fitness goals are actually going pretty well. I've been doing a few new workout classes, in addition to my weekly yoga class. Cardio Circuit and Latin Fitness Fusion. Oh my, the dance class is so fun. I have absolutely no skills in there, but it is a more entertaining way to ward off heart disease than any other!

No comments: