Sunday, May 04, 2008

Can scrapbooking really save the world?

Haha... my week of blog subjects as news headlines is coming to a close. I think I'm running out of steam with it anyway.

Yesterday was National Scrapbooking Day (NSD). Did you celebrate? I celebrate it every day, really. But yesterday it happened to coincide with needing to make some flyers for a scrapbooking night I'm putting together for the gals at church. The make-n-take I'm going to do that night will be a quick coffee sleeve book. So as part of the advertising for the event, I made up a few little books to stash in high-traffic spots at the church. In order to save time, I designed them digitally and printed. All I had to do then was put them together.

You've probably seen these little books before... but I did add one thing that is worth pointing out. I wanted these little books to have tear-out pages that ladies could take with them to remember the event details. To make sure they knew to tear out a page, I perforated near the binding. I used my Basic Grey Notch and Die Cutting tool to make the perforations. But really, there are a number of ways to do it... such as with a ruler and paper piercer or x-acto knife.

This would be a great way to make a coupon book as a gift. Or... a coupon book/gift card combination. If I get time to make one up, I might make a sample coupon book for the event. It would have to be tailored for the recipient, but I'm thinking coupons like "free hug", "ride to the airport", "dinner delivered to your door", "free night of babysitting", etc. Oh, the possibilities.

I'm very excited about the event... and hoping that the ladies at church will join me. I would love to have the opportunity to help others learn to explore family, creativity, and faith through scrapbooking.

The pretty flowers and other elements on the page are from an old Two Peas free kit. This little project is about as pink as I ever get.

1 comment:

Cali said...

I think it's great you incorporate spirituality in your scrapbooking--I believe record keeping played a big part in ancient Christianity, and we should do the same. Good Stuff,
Cali