Sunday, September 16, 2007

JT stories

Let the JT stories begin! Last week was lacking in blog posts, I realize. There were stories to tell, too. I just never got time to sit and write them. It was my second full week at work and I really just hoarded my evening time to be with the boy.

Last week the three of us went to the mall for dinner and a haircut for John. JT and I finished up shopping and I stopped outside the salon to give JT a bottle. He had chugged about half of it when John brought his stylist out to meet the little guy. Now, mind you, we were the epitome of mother and beautiful child just as they walked over. As soon as she starts to tell us how cute he is, he starts pooping. And when he makes poopie, it's an event. So he's grunting and groaning; face turning red and all scrunched up. And he works so hard at it that the milk I'd just fed him gets worked up, also. So he's grunting and turning red and the MILK IS FOAMING OUT HIS MOUTH. LOL. I just started laughing. She's trying to think this baby is cute and he is being SO DISGUSTING. Oh well, people with kids understand... it's not always glamorous in babyland. lol... still laughing over the grunting and the foam....

We've been giving him baths when we remember. Isn't that good of us?! We remember at least once a week. ;-) Well, there is really no need to avoid a bath, because he loves it. Last week we dropped his rubber duckie in the tub with him for the first time. (He hasn't been interested in toys too much.) We showed him how to kick the duck with his feet. So he began staring intently at the duck, following it all around the tub. He'd lightly tap it with his foot and watch it move to the other side of the tub. He was so light and gentle with it... very controlled movements. We were so surprised! So now that bath time has an element of learning to it, I think we might do better at remembering to bathe him.

Today Mom, Aunt Joan, and I took JT to the Wool Gathering in Yellow Springs, OH. How often does a day turn out just as you'd hoped? The weather was beautiful, the day was unhurried, and JT was in a fabulous mood. He slept there and back, slept a little in the stroller while we had lunch and walked around, then he woke up and took in all the sights. He was a little darling all day. Back at our house, he let Aunt Joan play with him for 45 minutes. He cooed and chatted and let her stretch out his little bodied that had been cramped in the car seat for so long. Aww... how sweet is he?!


In mommy news... I signed up for Last Scrapper Standing vol. 2. You might remember, I did this last year and ended up hanging in until the last round. You know, back when I was childless with lots of time on my hands. I know... how will I find time? I have no idea. But John said it was ok and he'd chip in with JT. And I'm going to want to scrap anyway... I mean, I have a lot of new material to work with. Last year I made some of the coolest stuff I'd done all year. So we'll see how it goes. I will of course be keeping everyone posted here.

No comments: