Wednesday, June 11, 2008

vacation is off to a great start

We dropped JT off with my parents last night around 7. It was awful. I mean, he was THRILLED to see them and went off with them like he was going to have the best time. He was shrieking with glee at my mom and is hitting my dad on the back like "old buddy, old pal." I cried my eyes out. I don't know why, it just really hurts to leave him right now.

Then we drove straight to urgent care because I had started to develop a rash and it was getting into my mouth which is kind of frightening. We spent an hour and a half there. I got a shot of steroids in my butt... everyone's favorite kind of shot, right? They figured it was an allergic reaction, although I was in contact with absolutely nothing new or different the past couple days. By midnight it appeared the shot had worked, as my skin was almost totally clear.

Well this morning, I woke up to itchy palms and feet. And then it started to come on strong everywhere else. By the time we were sitting in the doctor's office, my entire face was covered by red blob. The anti-histamine tablet seemed to work right away. Here's what I'm looking like now:


I still look like a leper (doctor's word, not mine!) So much for a romantic get-away with my hubz. Not only am I completely unattractive, but he doesn't want to sit next to me or look at me (because he might turn to stone if he looks at something so ugly). Even with blood tests results that will come in tomorrow, not sure if this is viral, allergy, or stress-related. Could I really be so stressed that I have done this to myself?! Ugh...

Let me know if anyone turns to stone from looking at that picture. I may have to take it down later so I don't have to keep looking at it in my blog archive. Ew.

No comments: