Friday, May 05, 2006

it's time to be a for-real blogger

I think everyone should blog. It'd be a good way to keep up with what everyone's doing. I wish my friends with kids would do it so I can keep tabs on what all the little munchkins are doing. Now that we're 30-somethings, it seems like everyone is so busy and it's hard to stay in touch like we used to. The girls started blogging with me on Yahoo 360. That was a fun way for all of us to keep in touch. I guess I got bored with it right around the time I finished the roman shades. It just wasn't what I was looking for in a blog site. And I think the girls are losing interest, too. So that's the why. Now about WHAT I want to write here. Um, well, everything. I have far too many hobbies and I have no desire to abandon any of them. So I become obsessed with one of them at a time. Right now, it's scrapbooking. Other times, it's sewing, photography, fitness, yoga, home improvement projects, etc. All these things make me feel complete... provide an outlet for me in one way or another. And I hope, enrich my life. But I can't do all of it at once... so I have at least gotten better on FOCUSING on one or the other of them. Speaking of taking on a number things... there was another site lately that thrilled the heck out of me. 43 Things. It actually encourages filling your life with a multitude of goals. Heck yeah!! And you can write about it. So when I just have a little bit to say about something and I don't think any of my email buddies really care to hear about it in great detail... I just go blab about it on 43 things.

The top 3 items on my list of 43 things:
  1. Learn photography
  2. Get in shape, and stay there
  3. Blog more often.
So here I am working on #3. Of course, blogging is a good outlet for photography, too. But #2... oi. #3 is definitely counter-productive to #2. hehe.

One of the things I'm really into in my "spare" time is digital scrapbooking. It's just a brilliant way to go. I can't believe I am so late in picking this up. There are some GORGEOUS digital designs out there by the most creative people. Here is a digital page I did last night with an oddball photo and some random (FREE) elements:

  • the "paper" is from a 2 peas May freebie.
  • the edge brushes are from tribe radio.
  • paisley embellishments were a purchase, but cheap. They're from A Cherry On Top.
  • I have surely forgotten to give credit for something . . . If I realize I have, I will update.
So that was last night's fun... more to come. Hey, I've been doing a lot of paper scrapping lately, so I haven't been on the computer much (besides work). I'm hoping to finish our honeymoon pages before the summer draws me outdoors for good.

Ok... I have the day off today, so I'm going to go for a walk with my mom.

As my friend ej would say... ciao!!

No comments: