Monday, May 22, 2006

random day off

I'm recovering from the weekend in Windsor with the girlies. We took tons of pics... see them on flickr.

So today was just wrapping up the normal household chores. I did some laundry and went for a walk this morning. Then picked up Panera for Jenny and the crew in her lab. Amy and I delivered that for a little treat... something different! It was fun to see Jenny in the middle of the day and see where she works. (It looks so high-tech!!)

I had an acupuncture appointment this afternoon. That felt good and will hopefully keep my chi flowing freely for another four weeks or so! Then home to work on my home's chi... pulled some weeds and worked in the yard a bit. More laundry. Made dinner for the hubby. Then he mowed and we did more yard work.

After that, he suggested that we go together to drop off the recycling and maybe grab a milkshake on the way home. WELL... the kia wouldn't start after we dumped the recyclables... I mean, it had just started and now it was done. DONE. So we called Becka and Jari to come pick us up. Grr... darn car.

New books came today from Amazon... I'm pretty excited! These should elevate my expertise in my hobbies. (haha) If I ever have time again to get back to these hobbies again. It always feels this way in the summer... I abandon my indoor hobbies in favor of spending time outside.

For scrapbooking I got Ali Edward's A Designer's Eye for Scrapbooking. And for photography and digital scrapbooking I got The Photoshop Elements 4 Book for Digital Photographers.

It has been a glorious day off. Beautiful weather, got a lot of chores done, and spend time with friends and hubby. Blech... I don't even wanna know right now what my email inbox at work looks like!

n'night...

No comments: