Sunday, May 13, 2007

not blogging leads to...

Not blogging often enough can lead to really random blog posts! I don't even know where to start, there is so much to tell. And for once, I even have a few photos to go with my words!

This weekend has been awesome. The weather was beautiful all weekend long. I took Friday off as a "psychological day". I needed a "me day" to just chill out. I went to a few yard sales and had an acupuncture appointment. I ate lunch outside at Panera and did a little shopping.

The past couple weeks I've been keeping a more strict to-do list. I have had so many projects and things to do lately (and so very little time to actually do anything). So I made a list about two weeks ago and started crossing things off as I did them. I gave myself Monday through Friday to get everything done... and really I only expected to finish 80% of the list. So with those expectations, I didn't feel so bad when few things were still on the list for the past week. So last week, same process... about 10-12 things on the list and it took me most of the week to get things done, but I did it.

So Friday afternoon I spent working on one of my list items... packing up my craft stuff that was stashed in the guest room so it could be moved to the basement. That little amount of work about wore me out! So on Saturday morning, while I went to a few more yard sales with a friend, John moved all the stuff to the basement AND cleaned the bathrooms. Woo-hoo! More tasks done and I didn't have to wear myself out with it.

Saturday evening we went to Cirque du Soleil's show, Corteo. My brother and I had gotten the tickets for my mom for Christmas, so we'd been looking forward to this for a while. I made reservations for dinner at Basi Italia. We sat on the patio... it was gorgeous. The food was amazing!! I love their small patio, it is so quaint. The food is very unique... all the dishes have so much subtle flavor. I admit... we fought over the brownie. It was swirled with cheesecake and had berries baked right into it. Yum, yum, yum.

The show was great. The second half after intermission wasn't as fantastic as the last show we saw (Varekai). It was still a good show. It's about a clown who dreams of his funeral procession and all his friends. He has flashbacks from his life in the dream. It's a very cool concept. The acrobatics were amazing, of course. The costumes beautiful... loved the music... a total experience, as you'd expect from a Cirque du Soleil show!

So today after church... with the house pretty much all cleaned up and no clutter around, I felt like I finally had a day to do whatever I wanted. Another gorgeous day... and somehow the only way I can think to get out and enjoy it was to clean my car. How nice will that be to get in a clean car to go to work in the morning?! (Never mind that I found out last week that I need new tires - in addition to the other maintenance I've been postponing.) But after cleaning the car I think John and I sat on the porch for at least 2 hours. Just taking in the sun and watching people go by. We chatted on the phone and with each other... just relaxed. I wish that we could be this relaxed on Sundays more often!

As for this week's to-do list, I'm hoping it's a short one. I can crank it out and maybe enjoy another nice weekend in a few days. Sound good?

1 comment:

Erin said...

Hey Stacy!
Thought I'd leave a comment to let you know someone is reading :)
Also, John & I bought Cirque tickets for his parents for Christmas too! We are going next week, can't wait.
Keep up the posting!
-Haircut