Sunday, April 06, 2008

Saturday, documented

Saturday was "document your day". I think I faded out on taking photos in the afternoon. I want to do a scrapbook page about it... we'll see if I get to it! I am halfway through writing down what happened yesterday. I am stalled out because I can't remember what we did in the evening. lol!

But in brief for the blog... here's what Saturday looked like:

JT and I played for 3 hours Saturday morning. Geesh, he sure gets up early! 6:30am, just like the weekdays. Here he is almost figuring out that the ball goes in the hole at the top of the treehouse. He is just catching onto cause and effect with some of his toys. It's amazing to watch.
When John got up, I showered and met up with Ellen and Amber (and kiddies) at the Hilliard baby stuff sale. Love this event! We stood in line so we could get in on the action from the opening bell.

Here is the crowd inside the gymnasium. JT didn't go with me because it opened right at his nap time. Since he won't nap in the stroller, I did the event without him.

That probably worked out in his favor though, look at the pile of stuff I got him! I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was over these toys. Everything you see here cost me $33. For some perspective, the octopus alone is about $25-30. Hopefully these toys are high on imagination and low on lead.



And here is something I saw on the way home. Not something you see every day... a life-size doll on the corner! She was advertising for Little Darlings, a second-hand store trying to get the attention of the folks leaving the sale. Oh, trust me... I like Little Darlings store also!


Here's where the day gets away from me... we went to the YMCA and signed up for a membership. We took JT swimming in a COLD pool. We got chocolate dipped strawberry blizzards on the way home. JT took a nap. John went to work for a while. I cleaned the yard sale bounty and took a nap. When John got home we scrounged for leftovers for dinner. JT was in a crabby mood because of his teeth. He and John cuddled and read books. He isn't usually a cuddler, so this was some precious time. I sorted through about 2 weeks of mail. (I've been on a bit of a postal strike.)

After JT's bath, we retired to the man cave. We watched Michael Clayton and I started a craft project. I went to bed early for a Saturday night because I knew the weather was going to be good today and I didn't want to miss any of the fun!

Ok... will have to tell Sunday stories another time. Ta-ta for now.

No comments: